Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ellie Simmonds’ Win Celebrated with Paralympics Gold Medal Postage Stamp

Royal Mail has produced a stamp to honour Ellie Simmonds’ gold medal triumph in the Swimming: Women’s 400m Freestyle - S6 final and it will be available in over 500 Post Offices across the country on Monday.

On hearing the news of her 'own stamp' Ellie said: "I'm really excited to be on a stamp. I know my parents will be going to get some as soon as they can. I think it's great that my village is going to have a golden post box too so everyone can share the moment with me. I can't wait to go home and get a picture with it."

Royal Mail is delighted to be issuing these very special gold medal stamps to recognise our Paralympic champions. This will be the first time ever that a set of stamps has been issued to celebrate Paralympic gold medallists from . . .

Read more at Royal Mail

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home